SCORM REPORTING

SCORM REPORTING

by Gary Lebowitz -
Number of replies: 5

Hi. I have created a very basic SCORM package to use as a survey. It has for the moment only a couple of T/F questions in it. It works just fine and I see the presence of this survey in Grades. But what I really would like to capture is the results of each T/F entry; not just track that the student has completed the task. For the moment all I seem to be able to see is that and time stamps. Perhaps I can't do what I wish to do via SCORM, but it sure would be a shame. Can someone tell me if it's possible to get a complete report that includes each answer the student provided. I know I can do this within Moodle when using the built-in exercises it provides, but I need to do it in SCORM, since I have a couple of images that are realted to the questions asked. And it looks really cool. But I need to have access to each and every answer. (As a test I've only done 2, but eventually there will be 36). Perhaps I should point out that I did the SCORM package in Camtasia and output it in version 1.2 of SCORM as a zip file.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lebowitz

Re: SCORM REPORTING

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The only way I know of to get data out of completed scorms (I'm not recommending this, just saying) is to use some sort of reporting tool (like Crystal Reports).  And what you get out isn't particularly pretty, so it needs spiffing.

I haven't done much SCORM with Camtasia but some SCORM packagers will allow you to designate an e-mail to send the results upon module completion (Lectora allows this sort of thing, but I don't use it).  That would be the only other possibility I can think of.  You might check into that?

If you use the Moodle Feedback module for a survey, you can add images and fanciness and make it one question per page...it might not be as pretty but you'd have better access to your data.

In reply to Gary Lebowitz

by Ron Med -

Pretty much I have the same question. I've been working with SCORM content just for few months, and have generated it on Adobe Captivate. So far, so good. But now that it comes down to creating a survey, I'm facing some issues on Moodle. Moodle just shows me if the student already took/answered the survey, but can't find a way to see what the student actually answered. Honestly, I can't find myself creating surveys on a platform other than Captivate, and I'd be glad to find someone who had been able to retrieve pupils' answers with Adobe Captivate-generated material. 

Thanks!!

In reply to Ron Med

by Hugh Edwards -

Hi Ron, 

I had the same problem but with Storyline. The simplest way to do a survey it seems is actually in Moodle itself using the Feedback plugin, which allows you to create custom surveys and if you select the right options (i.e., not anonymous) you can see each person's individual answer. 

Just add/enable the Feedback plugin and then add as an activity into your course. 

I hope that helps! : )

Hugh. 

In reply to Ron Med

by Andrew Downes -

It may be that captivate sends this data if you use Tin Can tracking instead. 

There's a Tin Can launch plugin in the Plugins directory and you'll also need an 'LRS'. 

Andew

In reply to Ron Med

by Phil Carlson -

I too am new to Moodle and I've been working on the same issue. I am using Captivate to intersperse surveys with my content. Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the information back out. 

I know that if I to each activity and view the interactions report I get each students answer. I've been downloading that into Excel. 

I'm trying to figure out how to query a specific student and create a report based on that. If anyone has ideas on the best way to report information, I'd love to hear it.