Gradebook not lining up when editting

Gradebook not lining up when editting

by Scott Summers -
Number of replies: 10

When editting grades using quick edit, the students do not line up with the gradebook as seen below.

Is there a way of fixing this without having to delve into the coding?

In reply to Scott Summers

Re: Gradebook not lining up when editting

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not seeing an attachment but you should start by changing themes and see if that fixes it.  That will at least tell you where the issue is.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Scott Summers -

I pasted it as a image rather than attaching it. Can you see it now?

Attachment Gradebook.png

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, I can.  Where did the drop down lists come from - I have never seen those before...did you try changing themes?

by steve miley -

Scott -  historically, there have always been some quirks/problems when the (with the clean theme)

Course -> Grade -> Report Settings -> Grader report     

item "static students column" was checked.     

in that when editing got turned on, the lines wouldn't line up.   We have to leave it turned off.

So,  you might try toggling that setting and see what happens.

I just checked a most current version of 2.5.4, and it seems to work ok there with it selected.

But, give that a try.

Steve

by Kay Oxenham -

Have you tried looking at it in a different browser? We had that problem in IE but not with Chrome. 

In reply to Kay Oxenham

by Scott Summers -

Think it may be a browser issue as some HTML blocks don't show pictures sometimes.

I have plugged in the LAE grader that seems to resolve the issue and works much better.

by Bob Puffer -

Hi Scott, what organization are you with, I like to keep track of who's using the LAE Grader.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Scott Summers -

Babcock Engineering Academy. We haven't fully "launched" our moodle site yet and are still trying to get it sorted for next intake in September. I have no access to alter or write any of code at the moment.