Moodle for Registry administration

Moodle for Registry administration

by Hector Solano -
Number of replies: 2

Hello experts, 

I work at the administrative office of a growing school. 

We need a tool to keep track of the following. Please tell me if there is a moodle module that does any of these tasks: 

1. Pre-registering: the student calls and reserves all the courses he will be taking next term. We need a tool that creates a list of how many students are pre-registering all the offered courses. Also, it would be great if this tool could identify schedule conflicts (i.e. the student wants to pre-register two courses that have the same schedule). And, finally, it would also be very helpful if this tool would allow to set up a "max accomodation" number for every course, so we don´t  overcrowd the class. 

2. Registering reports: a list of all the offered courses for the upcoming term and the students that got pre-registered to every course. We need to be able to print a report for the student, that includes all they courses they pre-registered.

3. Enroll consolidation: When the enrolling period is over, we need to move only the students that payed fom the pre-registration list, to the course's enrolled users list. 

Do any of these functions exist in moodle?

Please excuse any weird wording, as english is not my native language. 

Thank you for your valuable time!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hector Solano

Re: Moodle for Registry administration

by Hector Solano -

Hello, I posted this question months agot and never received and answer.... 

anyone?? please help!!!

In reply to Hector Solano

Re: Moodle for Registry administration

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Hector,

I am not aware of a module within Moodle that is able to do what you asked in your initial post.

When I searched for "Moodle and SIS" (SIS = Student Information Service), I got this:

openSIS + Moodle - Integration Services

SIS integration with Moodle using Learning Information Services (LIS) - a presentation by Phil Nicholls.

I am not familiar with either of the above links and we also haven't integrated a SIS with our Moodle installation. 

With kind regards,

Hartmut