A Way To Have Students Show Their Solution/Steps When Solving Problems

A Way To Have Students Show Their Solution/Steps When Solving Problems

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi All,

Last Friday night, I had a slight case of insomnia and as I lay there, it suddenly occurred to me that there is now a fairly easy way to have students show all the steps in solving math problems and equations based on Justin Hunt's latest additions to PoodLL. So far, I've figured out three ways of having them show their work in a quiz. It is also possible for them to do an assignment activity that shows their work for class or homework assignments. And, it is also possible for a teacher to demonstrate a solution directly in Moodle and save it for students to review later or makeup a lesson on their own.

If anyone is interested in a how-to, let me know. I am currently working on explanations and examples, but students are really keeping me busy this week, so it is going slowly.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: A Way To Have Students Show Their Solution/Steps When Solving Problems

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Al,

Yes, I'm very interested in this kind of thing.  Please keep me (and this list) posted!

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

Re: A Way To Have Students Show Their Solution/Steps When Solving Problems

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Christopher,

Sorry, I did not get something together sooner. Had a lot of grading to do the past few days and just finished. I am also currently enrolled (for continuing education units for re-certification) in an introductory Moodle 2.5 course, so I had to do my "home work" for it. ("Only please, Brer Fox, please don't throw me into the briar patch.")

I have a few math teachers (Moodle beginners) in the same course with me who want the same info, so I will try to add pictures to what I have so far, to help them out, but this should be enough to get you started. Hopefully, in a few days, I will have a sample course available too.