I'm the GeSHi developer, working at Catalyst. I've just created a new version of this filter that gives a few improvements:
- Upgraded GeSHi to 188.8.131.52, and fixed security hole in old filter because of old GeSHi version
- Added support for extra attributes in the <span> tag, such as "linenumbers" and "urls". For example: <span syntax="java" linenumbers="yes">
- Fixed bug where empty source caused invalid output (<span syntax="lang"></span> was left in output)
- Fixed up styles when line numbers are enabled (the size should be more like non-line numbers now, although this is at your browser's option)
- Included script that generates a full stylesheet for GeSHi, with instructions on how to include it in your theme, so you can use Moodle's stylesheet caching and GeSHi's class output to have much less source output and save you bandwidth.
My thanks to Grigory for his work on the filter, it gave me a good base to start with. Thanks also to the Catalyst team who put up with my silly questions
If anyone has any suggestions/bugs, please tell me!
[EDIT: filter attached to this post, but you can download from http://geshi.org/downloads/geshi.zip
NOTE: this was developed against HEAD, although I don't think much has changed from 1.5 to HEAD that will affect this filter, my experience with Moodle totals one day :p. If you successfully install it in 1.5, please tell me
NOTE2: Even if you've installed this before, please read the README.txt again, there are new instructions.