overview of all flagged questions in a course

overview of all flagged questions in a course

by Claudia Scheel -
Number of replies: 3

hey there,

my students suggested a great improvement for our moodle-course:

We have a big training course for them and they can attempt the quizzes as often as they want to. They love the "flagged" option to mark question they find difficult to answer and want to try again right before the final tests. But because there are lots of quizzes and lots of attempts of each student they don´t want to look into each report.

I found a post about "is there a quick way to view/edit all flagged questions" (may 2013), but it looks very complicated and I am not sure if this option only helps the teacher not the student?!

Is it possible to create a block where every student can see all flagged questions he flagged of the whole course?

And another question: Is there a way for them to see the flagged questions in the quiz during the second attempt?

our version is 2.53

have a nice day!! see some of you in two weeks in Leipzig, maybe ;)

claudia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudia Scheel

Re: overview of all flagged questions in a course

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is a good suggestion.

I don't think anything like this exists, but it would not be very hard to make a block like this.

You can get a list of flagged questions for a student for quizzes in this course with SQL like:

SELECT quiz.name, quiza.attemptquiza.id AS quizattemptid, qa.slot, quiza.layout

FROM {question_attempts} qa
JOIN {quiz_attempts} quiza ON quiza.uniqueid = qa.questionusageid
JOIN {quiz} quiz ON quiz.id = quiza.quiz

WHERE qa.flagged = 1
AND quiza.userid = :userid
AND quiz.course = :courseid

From the data you get back, you can make a URL like

new moodle_url('/mod/quiz/review.php', array('attempt' => $data->quizattemptid, 'page' => $page));

You need to get $page, by looking at the 'slot' and seeing where that comes on the 'layout'. Each 0 there is a page break.

You can use 'name' and 'attempt' to make some link text like 'Attempt 3 at quiz Practice quiz 1'.

I will see you in Leipzig. Where I am giving a developer workshop. Where I need a good example of a block to use in teaching people how to create a new block add-on. Aha!

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

OK, here is a very crude block that you can add to the course page to list all flagged questions: https://github.com/timhunt/moodle-block_qflags

Note, I am not intending to support this properly in future, and it could be improved. (It only took me an hour to make.) However, it does basically do what you want.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Claudia Scheel -

oh wow,

thank you a lot for your answer and your effort!! 

There was no notification that you already answered! That´s why it took me so long to thank you.

Have a great day!

Claudia