LDAP SSO speed on 2.6?

LDAP SSO speed on 2.6?

by Lael ... -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

What speed are people used to seeing Moodle NTLM auth login with? Our system takes at least a few seconds and I was updating some custom profile fields today and it twigged that we have many fields set to 'update every login' - does this have any impact on automatic login speed?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lael ...

Re: LDAP SSO speed on 2.6?

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It shouldn't. Fields are updated once the login process (regular or NTLM) has finished, and it's only a couple of additional LDAP queries (all the updateable fields are retrieved together in a single query) and some PHP code.

Most of the time in the NTLM login process is spent on redirects between the different pages of the process, and some waits before redirecting to the next page to let the browser send the credentials to the web server and the web server to check for them, and also let the user see a 'Trying...' page in case the automatic logon fails.

Saludos.
Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Lael ... -

Thanks Inaki,

We're finding the process is significantly slower on Moodle than on other systems that we are automatically authenticating on. is there any way to speed it up?

In reply to Lael ...

by Lael ... -

This remains a significant issue for us. To put it in comparison - Manual logins take less than a second. All our other systems are almost instant (seamless)

The whole NTLM process takes up to 6-7 seconds. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In reply to Lael ...

by John McDonald -

I am seeing this exact same 6-7 seconds. I have had the IS guys look at everything, but nothing has fixed it. I am open to any suggestions.

THANKS!