Activities "that are due" but finished on Course overview page

Activities "that are due" but finished on Course overview page

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi all,

It has been brought to my attention that the Questionnaire plugin (add-on) does not display its "due" instances on the My home/Course overview page. So I have started work on this, and got interested in the activities which at present do display such information.

1.- For a Moodle activity instance to be displayed on Course overview, it must have a deadline/close/due/limit date. Such instances are then displayed under the heading "You have quizzes/lessons/etc. that are due. Upon clicking on the activity icon, a more detailed view appears.
screenshot #1

2. What I find strange (illogical?) here is that activities that have been submitted/attempted/etc. still appear as being "due". I am not sure if this combination of "completed and due" looks strange in other languages (or even in English to start with), but it certainly looks strange in French. A lesson certainly cannot be at the same time "à terminer" and "effectuée" (like Schrödinger's cat can be  simultaneously alive and dead).thoughtful

screenshot #2

What does it look like in other languages? Do you think we should suggest a different wording in English to start with, and then work on translations in our diverse languages?

Or, easier to achieve, should activities that have been submitted etc. be removed from the "due" list?

Joseph

Average of ratings: -