Linked SCORM Packages

Linked SCORM Packages

by Nathan Bellato -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys,

I beleive now you can link SCORM packages? I have a eLearning program for a client that is made up of 6 SCORM packages, i would like to link them together. 

At the moment i have them uploaded as there own course (single activity unit), which all sit under a category.

I have read a few things, but has anyone got a detailed tutorial on how to link the packages.

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Bellato

Re: Linked SCORM Packages

by Amy Groshek -
Hi Nathan,

You can use activity completion to require completion of preceding SCORM activities, or to make receipt of a certificate or other conditional on completion of SCORM activities. Is that what you're looking for?

Moodle is not equipped to combine several SCOs into a single SCORM package. If that's what you're looking for, you'll need a SCORM authorware tool appropriate to your SCORM authorware suite.

Regards,
Amy
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Nathan Bellato -

Yeah that is basically what I am after.

I want to be able to do things like award users certificated of completion and badges once they have completed all 6 modules. Also for reporting reason (display 1 report).

Is there a tutorial anywhere on using activity completions to generate certificates upon completion of the full program. Sorry I am new to Moodle LMS.

Because of the nature of the program, I cannot upload it all as 1 scorm package, it has to reaming as separate packages to make up the one program.

In reply to Nathan Bellato

by Gennady Kucheruk -
Have all 6 SCORMs as activities for 1 course, certificate of completion would be next 7th actiity in the same course.

1st under Site administration > Advanced features (/admin/settings.php?section=optionalsubsystems)
Enable conditional access
When enabled, this lets you set conditions (based on date, grade, or completion) that control whether an activity or resource can be accessed.

Then in activity settings configure:
Grade conditions
This setting determines any grade conditions which must be met in order to access the activity. Multiple grade conditions may be set if desired. If so, the activity will only allow access when ALL grade conditions are met.

If you need more info search docs and forums.