How Moodle communicate with External server?

How Moodle communicate with External server?

by EL Yadari Adnane -
Number of replies: 0
Hi ,

What I want to do is the following:

1 - I have a server Linux where a simulation program is runs.
2 - I have a client program for windows so that user can to simulation worlwide remotly.

Problem:
The user who have the client program, start the simulator only if that is not already used by others.
Target:
I want to manage the client access through a booking system.

Now I am testing moodle 2.6.1 to create some courses and testing the MRBS block for booking the simulator (Linux server). Everything is well.  For the moment I'm in the step after booking (what schould be happend regarding communication between moodle and simulator server?).

The Client-User has booked the simulator through MRBS on a determined day for 8 hours. The next step will be how to tell the simulator server automaticaly that one user (id,name,starttime,..) has booked the system.

I am thinking if it could not go through moodle webservice XMLRPC protocol. XmlRPC and HTTP are supported on the simulator side.
I already activate moodle webservice, XmlRPC protocol and create webservice user and service, create a token. But I don't know how to get per scripting the booking informations and communicate with the simulator server.

The simulator server have to wait for a request to block the server an a determined day starting from 9 clock for example.

Conclusion:

HOW CAN MOODLE/MRBS COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER SERVER?
HOW CAN MOODLE SEND BOOKING INFORMATIONS TO OTHER SERVER?

Thanks.
 Adnane.
Average of ratings: -