Moodle -itis, like vertig or motion sickness

Moodle -itis, like vertig or motion sickness

by Annette Knobloch -
Number of replies: 2

Is anyone aware of a dizzy, nauseous feeling that arises related to multiple scrollings across the gradebook and in the simple or comples view for Outcomes. As mentioned in a previous post, adding, deleting, and re-adding multiple outcomes, but Moodle throwing me back to the top most left hand corner, after each keyboard entry, then having to scroll back to where I was before, actually really is nauseating in and of itself. Not to mention psychologically, due to the aggravation. I am now trying to time myself, for keeping eyes closed while I scroll, to fine tune when to stop scrolling and then open my eyes and look back at the screen. I have had rare, mild motion or sea-sickness; and some recurrent, brief, but startling episodes of benign positional vertigo. The feeling is somewhat similar when frequent, repeated scrolling is necessary in Moodle, usually in the gradebook and Outcome views in the gradebook. Adding and removing reviewers and reviewees in Workshop produces just as much aggravations, but less vertigo and nausea.

In reply to Annette Knobloch

Re: Moodle -itis, like vertig or motion sickness

by Mike Landis -

For this reason I recommend using very very short names for items that appear in your gradebook, like

Q1 for Quiz 1

or...

P1 for Paper 1 on "Why I love Moodle so much"

It makes the horizontal scrolling much more manageable.

Mike

In reply to Annette Knobloch

Re: Moodle -itis, like vertig or motion sickness

by Bob Puffer -

Shameless plug alert: Look over the LAE Grader report -- used by a whole bunch of schools all over the world. Scrolls left to right, top to bottom without losing students and without losing column headers. Range, average, etc are at the top and grade item names are wrapped at around 25 characters making for equal width columns.