Advice on best Enrolment method/authentification method

Advice on best Enrolment method/authentification method

by Chris Webb -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

There are many different methods of authentication and enrolling users so I am just looking for some advice/options for my particular situation as I am not sure what is the best way of handling it. 

We are going to be offering courses to our customers on how to use our products so if the future we will likely have several different user groups. i.e. Company A users, Company B users and Company C users. Some courses will be generic and applicable to all. Some will be customer specific. The catch is that the different companies are competitors with each other so security is an issue so it is imperative that users from company A can't access a course specific to company B as there may be proprietary information(not ours but theirs).

We are planning on giving access to a company based on a service contract so access is granted to an indeterminate group of users from a company as opposed to an individual.

It is unlikely that we will have access to their user databases so it seems like manual enrolment is the only option.

My plan is to

1. Initially manually batch enroll (upload bulk users) into Customer Specific blank metacourses. And then have the applicable courses connected to these metacourses.
  2. Break users into groups in each course.
  3. Have a customer manager role in each group who (if it is possible) can in the future add new users in his/her group only.

Does this make sense? Is there a more logical/automated way of doing it? Do you see any red flags? 

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has to give.

Cheers,

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Webb

Re: Advice on best Enrolment method/authentification method

by Andre Paz Leal -

The only way of doing with a moodle distribuition called IOMAD, http://www.iomad.org/.

Don´t waste your time trying different moodle config, groups, grouping, cohorts, etc, download IOMAD and customize it.

In reply to Andre Paz Leal

Re: Advice on best Enrolment method/authentification method

by Chris Webb -

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out.