sitewide outcomes

sitewide outcomes

by Annette Knobloch -
Number of replies: 0

Our College has site wide college outcomes, available for linking to learning activities. Although we have been given directions for linking, I think I am the only faculty doing so. These outcomes have not been 'rolled out' for general, nor mandatory, use. Fortunately. I had interesting Outcomes reports for Fall 2013 courses. But then, there was a major issue, with some outcomes still linked, but not operational. Tech support had to call whatever their acronym is for an outside Moodle support system. After about two weeks, I asked for news related to the outcomes issue, and within a day or so, the outcomes appeared to be working again. Fortunately, I was reviewing the Moodle transcribed grading to gradebooks in the current Spring 2014 courses. Disaster! Havoc! Tech support eventually told me there was a bug. Tech support deleted one of the problem outcomes while in Gradebook, then added that outcome back to that assignment. I had to then, go back into the activity, and reenter data for the outcome (options: No outcome, DId not meet, Partially met, Met). In one course I had two assignments already graded, 20 students. So I had to delete the carefully placed outcomes from each activity, add the outcome back in, the re-enter data for all of those outcomes. I am wondering, among others who are linking sitewide outcomes, if this bug was widespread, or just a local site misfortune.