Proctored Poodll for a Single quiz course?

Re: Proctored Poodll for a Single quiz course?

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Greg, I replied to your email also.

But I will just update here too so that we are all up to speed.

It would be nice to know how you use PoodLL in the quiz. Is it a PoodLL Recording Question type? 

Or is it some other way? And what does "not working" or "not integrating" look or behave like?

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by yogesh sharma -

Justin,

Can PoodLL be used to record   the whole session when a student takes a test(using webcam)? In addition, if the the course is setup as a single quiz.

I would like the student to be recorded automatically when a student is taking a test - so that we know that the authorized student is taking the test and not some friend. Is this standard functionality for PoodLL ? Will the student get an error message if for some reason he/she does not have a webcam?

Thanks.

Yogesh

In reply to yogesh sharma

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yogesh

There is no standard way to do this in PoodLL. It is possible, but probably not without custom coding. 

I have implemented a solution where each question was video recorded, ie not the whole test in one video, but one video per question. However that is not in the public domain, so I believe that I can't share it with you. 

Another approach would be to house the quiz in an iframe (via LTI?) and do the video recording from outside the iframe. Then it would be a simple one video / one quiz scenario. But there would be coding involved.

Justin