We have created a dev site and plan to use Moodle and Poodll in a specific and limited way: to allow Users to choose a Course that is One Quiz, and we record their test-taking as a proctored system. If and when they pass, they get a grade VALUE that is in the range of 0 to 1000.
We are using the latest versions, Moodle 2.6 etc, on a modern server (Rochen)
Specifics, User Pathway/experience
1. The User sees a list of courses, renamed as “___ Tests”. Each Course consists of one Quiz; when completed they have completed the Course.
2. User chooses to take Quiz, then ideally they are auto-enrolled(? they are already registered and logged in, so can we do this?) .
3. They see preface screen to the test, showing them test-taking info and links, advisories about the test, etc.
4. They start the fifteen minute timed quiz. The video tapes them automatically and they see the recorder (themselves) on screen. A proctor will review it, to compare it to "face on file", and to prevent cheating in several ways (looking at notes, asking someone for answers, etc).
3. Those videos are then deleted, unless there is a controversy.
The effort so far:
1. We’ve spent days and are close, we think. We are new to Moodle and Poodll but have been customizing CMS systems for large complex projects for ten years. If we missed some obvious things, our apologies. We’ve tried to get as close as possible before asking for help.
2. We were using the single activity format setting (set toQuiz), but found we could not integrate Poodll that way (apparently).
3. We want the entire experience, during our Alpha phase, to be a seamless user pathway that removes extra clicks and choices so that the User can choose from a list of courses, select one, see the start of the quiz and Poodll video recorder, and have the recording start when they start the timed quiz.
4. At the end of the quiz, all we need at Alpha stage is reasonably efficient storage of the video, submission of the quiz, and a thank you screen to User (with other info links)
5. We have tried all the ways to invoke Poodle (and much more besides, including trying it out with various templates).
6. We have a successful install of Poodl, working. We have a successful implementation of Single Activity (Quiz) that works well, and other Courses with different settings. We can even put the recorder in a block position adjacent to the quiz, tho this does nothing but create happiness in the client and allow us to test what an entirely MANUAL implementation would be like (ugh, not tenable to ask Users to click several things just to record their effort; LOTS of room for error there)
Has anyone done this? It seems like a pretty standard idea and we see tantalizing glimpses on the forums and in the docs.
Thanks in advance, and my apologies if we missed something obvious!