statistics

statistics

napisao/la Maria Accarino -
Broj odgovora: 4

Hello,

I have some troubles interpreting the statistics in "Administration>Report>Statistics" and maybe you can help me, I'm using Moodle 2.6.

- Why does the website record access of "guest"and "teacher-not-editor" even though those roles are assigned to nobody (neither for the homepage nor for the whole website)?

- Why does the column "guest" report accesses even though the course is not open to guests)

Best,

Maria

U odgovoru na Maria Accarino

Re: statistics

napisao/la Matteo Scaramuccia -
Slika Core developers Slika Peer reviewers Slika Plugin developers

Hi Maria,

• "Guest" hits could be due to being your Moodle instance open to the Google crawlers: check your Site Policies, http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Site_policies#Open_to_Google;
  • "Non-editing teacher" hits could be due to User Policies, Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies: look there at creatornewroleid and restorernewroleid (http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Course_creator_role) and double check the enrollments in each course (even in Administration > Course Administration > Users > Other users). Otherwise, I've just no idea about those entries zabrinut.

HTH,
Matteo

P.S.: a similar question has been posted in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=253243#p1098563 inside a discussion targeting another question. I've decided to reply here being a new dedicated discussion.

U odgovoru na Matteo Scaramuccia

napisao/la Maria Accarino -

Hi Matteo, thank you very much

• "Guest" hits could be due to being your Moodle instance open to the Google crawlers: check your Site Policies -->  this setting is not enable
  • "Non-editing teacher" hits could be due to User Policies, Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies: look there at creatornewroleid andrestorernewroleid --> it's ok (default: editingteacher - editingteacher)
  • and double check the enrollments in each course (even in Administration > Course Administration > Users > Other users) --> there aren't users 

I don't understand zabrinut tužan

U odgovoru na Maria Accarino

napisao/la Matteo Scaramuccia -
Slika Core developers Slika Peer reviewers Slika Plugin developers

Hi Maria,
that's strange and the fact there is no other reply from the Community too iznenađen.

I could suggest you to carefully look at the raw logs of each course to see when actions done by Guest or Non-editing teacher have been recorded in the past and to look for some relation with the timeline: maybe, in the past, a change in the configuration occurred for some reasons.

If you want to go deeper in finding the reason/bug for such strange entries in your system given your current configuration, the only thing I could suggest is to create a new instance of Moodle for testing purposes and play with it every day e.g. to test what it will be done in the production instance: no course restore here from your main instance otherwise it will be more difficult to find the root reason for the bug, if any.

HTH,
Matteo

U odgovoru na Matteo Scaramuccia

napisao/la Kristen Hortman -

Have you determined the cause of the "Guest" role showing up? I am having the same issues on my site. When I look at the Statistics no logs come up for the "Guest" but they show up on the report. I also do not have anyone listed as a guest on our site.