Moodle in Bavaria

Moodle in Bavaria

by S. Fieler -
Number of replies: 5
Hello Moodlers,
I just want to announce, that starting at next school year, moodle will be the plattform for Bavarian laptop classes.
I'm very happy about it and hope that this will be the beginning of an increasing Community of Moodle schools in Bavaria and as many of the schools have connections to laptop classes in other parts of Germany and Austria, I hope that moodle will soon be used (or used more) there, too.

Greetings from Bavaria S. Fieler
Average of ratings: -
In reply to S. Fieler

Re: Moodle in Bavaria

by Susanne Nyrop -
Liebe Susanne F.,

I had a conversation today with a good friend working with the ICT and media solutions at a Danish teacher college, and we were talking about pro & con on implementing Moodle; your example would be a fine demonstration of how this could be done in secondary school.

I took the liberty of checking your profile, and found my way to your math course in the laptop class, grade 8. This looks very good, and so does the  laptop class. I would be interested in hearing more about your now and future experiences. Please don't you forget to report basck from time to time, even with the less rosy part of the story, in case of eventual constraints with technologies, colleagues or students smile

I also revealed that we're sharing a most powerful first name smile

yours,

Susanne Nyrop

in Denmark

In reply to Susanne Nyrop

by S. Fieler -
Hello Susanne N.,

thank you for your compliment.
As it is my task to train the schools and teachers of the laptop classes and sometime ago I was asked by a professor wether I would like to do a doctorate, I'm now thinking of evaluating this. Of course the results will then be available for all.

Greetings from Bavaria
Susanne F.

P.S.:
I forgot:
@Art: - we all can be proud of moodle (ok, all developers a big little bit more wink), it was the winner under several plattforms, one of them was made by a very well known and big American group, who developes software and did a solution for schools fitting to their Server-OS. wink The other one was made by the biggest telekommunikation group here, who would love to set a feet in schools.
All other opensource elearning solutions could not compete with moodle.
In reply to S. Fieler

by Art Lader -
> next school year, moodle will be
>the plattform for Bavarian laptop classes

That's great news! Thank you for posting it.

I love it when the good guys win.

-- Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Ulrike Montgomery -

Susanne,

Congratulations from your neighbors in Baden-Württemberg. We are next. Yesterday we were notified  by our head office in Stuttgart that schools willing to experiment with an LMS should sign up immediately to take part in a statewide elearning project. The type of project is up to the individual schools - the only condition: the LMS must be MOODLE. Isn't that great smile. Art, when I visited you last August, I never thought that something like this would happen so soon.

Of course we will sign up - we are already beyond the experimentation stage (thanks to Mary and Art).

Greetings from Mannheim

Ulrike

In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

by Art Lader -
Ulrike,

I am sitting here in an Internet cafe with my current group of new Moodlers and we are excited by your good news. I, of course, am hyperventilating.

In a few days, we will celebrate together in Mannheim or Heidelberg.

-- Art