¿How to assign percentages to activities?

¿How to assign percentages to activities?

by Hector Solano -
Number of replies: 1

Hello experts, 

I would like to learn two things. 

1. How to create tests that have no effect on the students´ grades

2. How to assign the percentage of a given activity, separated from the grading scale. For example, make a homework count for 5% of the final grade and still be able to grade it with a 1 to 100 scale.

In the end I would like moodle to automatically sum up all the assigned percentages and ignore all the created tests. Evaluation would be like this:

0% tests (13 in total, none of which should affect the final grade)

65% homeworks (13 in total, 5% each)

35% final exam. 

Im sure this is possible but Im new at this and the wiki articles are a bit too confusing. I just have teacher access.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

In reply to Hector Solano

Re: ¿How to assign percentages to activities?

by Marty Soupcoff -

Both your tasks are completed on the Categories and Items page of the gradebook. First you need to set up three categories: Tests, Homework and Final Exam. Set the aggregation as Sum of grades for the categories. Next set the course aggregation to Weighted means of grades. Add each quiz, assignment, etc. to the proper category. Lastly, enter the weights for each category in the Weight column. By entering zero in the Tests weight category, it will ignore all the points that come from that category. I also recommend entering 100 into the course total.

Categories and Items Example

Happy Moodle Logooodling!