Manager Role & Front Page

Manager Role & Front Page

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We are using Moodle 2.5.3+ (Build: 20131129).

We would like to create a role based on Manager for our university help desk folks.  As faculty call the help line, the help desk person would need to login as that individual and help him/her troubleshoot the issue.

Unless I give the Help Desk Role a Front Page role in addition to the site wide role, I find the help desk role does not see the normal Administration block with Site Administration > Users so that the helpdesk could filter for the caller.  Is there an additional role override required to make that change, or do I need to keep the Hep Desk role with a front page role?

Thanks for any leads,

Mary Beth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Manager Role & Front Page

by Seth Chevalier -

Hi Mary Beth,

I am testing out the same version of Moodle that you are and have run into the same problem. Users with the manager role are unable to Browse List of Users. I am told that Managers should have complete Admin access but server related functionality yet I have not found that to be true. Any luck on your end?

In reply to Seth Chevalier

Re: Manager Role & Front Page

by Mary Beth McKee -

Hi Seth,

The only workaround I found is to also give the user a front page role, then the person can browse the list of users.

Admin > Front Page > Front Page Roles > Manager

Mary Beth