Quiz: Interactive with multiple tries - response history

Quiz: Interactive with multiple tries - response history

by Peter Clark -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

Novice Moodle user here. My apologies if the answer exists elsewhere, in which case perhaps someone could direct me to that place. I have tried the forum search.

I have a quiz (Moodle 2.5) with multiple tries allowed on an item before proceeding to the next item.

How can I see all the responses to an item for each student?

How can I download that data?

Many thanks for any help,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Clark

Re: Quiz: Interactive with multiple tries - response history

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As a teacher, when you go to review a student's attempt (via the link in Quiz adminstration -> Results -> Grades) you can see the history of repsonses.

At the moment there is no way to get them all in bulk, but this is being worked on: MDL-43478, part of MDL-41727.

Until then, the only work-around is to extract the data from the database, using a query like the one here: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Overview_of_the_Moodle_question_engine#Database_tables . However, you have to know how to interpret the raw data.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz: Interactive with multiple tries - response history

by Peter Clark -

Thanks for replying Tim,

To be clear, what I want is to see the history of responses to an individual item - before moving on to the next item. Which buttons did they click prior to proceeding to the next question, all within an 'attempt' on the quiz. I am fairly sure I have seen that before somehow but I cannot recall now. I cannot see a way to do that using Results/Grades.

Peter