General developer forum

How much of the AA standart from the w3c is done in moodle 2.4 and 2.6?

Picture of lobo aureo
How much of the AA standart from the w3c is done in moodle 2.4 and 2.6?

Hello, i search in the documentation of the site, but it doesn't reffer to this rule.

I need to know how many rules of the accesibility list from the w3c(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/) satisfy.

Also i need to know if all display "things" are coded in the theme files, or i should modify something else.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Green
Re: How much of the AA standart from the w3c is done in moodle 2.4 and 2.6?

ME
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I would also say join the discussion. There is the Moodle accessibility group you can join at http://collaborate.athenpro.org/accounts/register/. The group is working well with Moodle HQ to improve Moodles accessibility and let the experts Martin mentioned argue about which approaches are the best For Moodle.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Note that Moodle cannot 'do' AA accessibility standard. Moodle can help, but when at teacher uploads an image, they must add alt text. When a teacher links to a video, they must ensure there is a transcript, the teacher must no write pink text on a yellow background. Etc.

Picture of lobo aureo

Of course, i only reffer to the "core" of the LMS, not the contents

Martin in black and white
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

It's something we aim for (we spend a lot of time on accessibility), but it depends on the features you are using and the theme you are using, as well as the exact screen reader technology you are using.   Very hard to get perfect (and even then the accessibility experts still argue on what is best)

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Marcus Green
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

And things can change if you use plugins.