2.5.1 can't download all assignment submissions

2.5.1 can't download all assignment submissions

by Barbara Taylor -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

We are not able to download all assignment submissions in 2.5.1  There are 49 Word document submissions that are small in size.  When we click on the download all link the screen goes white after about 30 seconds and nothing happens.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Barbara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Taylor

Re: 2.5.1 can't download all assignment submissions

by ben reynolds -

Which browser and which version of the browser?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Barbara Taylor -

Hi Ben,

Firefox 26 (PC), Firefox 26 (Mac), IE 9 (PC), Safari 6 (Mac), Chrome 32 (Mac and PC).  It gives an http 500 internal server error message on IE 9 and goes blank on all other browsers.

Barbara

by ben reynolds -

Hmm. And you haven't recently upgraded? If yes, from which version?

I'm having trouble replicating this issue on my localhost, which is admittedly, 2.6+ but upgraded from 2.5.

If you upgraded from 2.2 or earlier, you will want to run the assignment upgrade helper, although I doubt this is the problem. You need Site Admin capability to run the assignment upgrade helper.

by Donna Hrynkiw -

I'm experiencing this same issue in one course.

- Works fine in my test course and another course with small assignment submissions
- Assignment files in failing course average about 7-10Mb each in size. (It's a drafting course.) Is there a maximum zippable file size setting somewhere?

Does anyone have any tips/hints/Tracker links?

Moodle v2.6.4

In reply to Donna Hrynkiw

by Donna Hrynkiw -

(They say it's a bad sign when you start talking to yourself. Does responding to your own posting in a forum count?)

It appears to be an issue of zip timeout caused by assignment submission size. I was able to reproduce the problem by loading a bunch of large submissions to my test assignment. The blank screen mentioned above showed up at exactly 60 seconds.

This Tracker issue is probably applicable: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-40245