Editing condition value gets set to 0

Editing condition value gets set to 0

by Morgan Walker -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I'm on Moodle 2.5.4+ and when I upgraded our configurable reports add-on to release 2.3.1, editing conditions stopped working.  For example, I had a condition with Column = Group, Operator = = and Value = Sample.  If I tried to change the Value to something else, e.g. Testing, and click Add the Value would get set to 0 and we couldn't find a way to change it back.  Every time you tried to change the Value, it would get set to 0, which broke our reports.  We had to roll back to 2.2, which Moodle doesn't really like it when you downgrade a plugin but we're limping along.  

Has anybody else experienced this?  Is this a legitimate bug?

Thanks,

Morgan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Morgan Walker

Re: Editing condition value gets set to 0

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I've just run into the same problem.  We use 2.5.4 but I don't know which reports version we're on...we updated a month or so ago.  I went to edit conditions on one of the reports I've had because I didn't like the way it was running and now the entire report is jacked up.

The guy who does the tech end for us suggested creating a fresh User Report but that didn't work either.  I did a temporary fix by making the fresh report look at all users in specific cohorts but I don't trust it and don't think it is completely correct.  I don't see us rolling back to the older plugin version.

Funny how the documentation still says you can create conditions that aren't numbers (conditions like Country being Spain and city <> Madrid...the current version would read Country = 0 and City <> 0 smile).

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

let me check what is happening, I remember did some changes in the conditions code...

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Morgan Walker -

Jaun,

I appreciate you looking into this issue.  Is there any update?  We're kind of in a weird spot where we've downgraded our Configurable Reports plugin so that we can set the conditions.  But, as you probably know, Moodle doesn't really support downgrade paths so our database is in a state of flux.

Thanks,

Morgan

In reply to Morgan Walker

by Morgan Walker -

Looks like you released an update on 2/14.  Thank you!  I've updated and our condition issue is fixed.

-Morgan