Error on BigbluebuttonBN

Re: Error on BigbluebuttonBN

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

HI
thanks
just a little "useful" for one of my contribution will be great for me
cheers

In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

by Tiffany Hoefer -
Hey there! I realize this thread is quite old, but it is the one that most closely matches my problem and I did all the fixes mentioned here (and then some) and I am still having trouble. I have a client who is running 2 Moodle instances - one is 2.5 and one is 2.9.  Joy.

BBB is working fine in 2.9.  In 2.5, we are getting the internal server error.  I have changed the permissions of the folders in the C panel so that 2.5 matches the levels mentioned here (and incidentally match what we are running in 2.9).  Other threads mentioned the chmod, but I didn't understand that particular line of help.

Of course my client was expecting to run a BBB session in the morning and we discovered this issue a few hours ago.  We are looking to use some other venue for tomorrow, but any help anyone could offer would be most appreciated.  If anyone needs any additional info, I am happy to provide it.  I am most desperate.

In reply to Tiffany Hoefer

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tiffany,

Since January 30 things have changed a lot in Moodle, hence with the plugin. I can tell. The problem could be something very very different for you this time.

First thing is to check versions. You are running BBB on two different versions of Moodle. 2.5 and 2.9. There are two specific versions of the plugin for them as well. 

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_bigbluebuttonbn

1.1.1 is for Moodle 2.0-2.5 (2015062101)

2.0.x is for Moodle 2.6-3.0 (2015080609)

Same thing for RecordingsBN

You did not mention what version of the plugin you have, but make sure they match so we can start from there.

Regards,

JF

In reply to Jesus Federico

by Tiffany Hoefer -

Thank you for your reply, Jesus.  The plug in version for our 2.5 site is the correct one of 2015062101, which is the version in which it is acting up.  Now, the RecordingsBN in the 2.5 version is 2015062100.  But, I don't know if there are any problems with the recordings side because the problem is that we are getting that internal server error when we try to access the online meeting space.  So, we haven't been able to get that far.

Oddly, our 2.9 version has 2015080608 rather than 2015080609, but is running fine (or seems to be).

Is there anything else I can provide?  Thank you again!!

In reply to Tiffany Hoefer

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

The version on you Moodle 2.9 may be OK as it is good for production in most cases. There are some edge cases that were fixed in the last two releases, but if you don't hit them, you are good. Here are the changes per version. 

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/BigBlueButtonBN#Changelog

Now getting back to your problem on Moodle 2.5, is that message coming when you launch into the meeting? do you have any particular configuration of that activity? Lets say, wait for moderator, open in a new window etc. And lastly, if you turn on the debugging messages, what is the full message that you receive?

JF