Embedding a TWINE Story in a course

Embedding a TWINE Story in a course

by Maurice Moore -
Number of replies: 4

Solved: Using the File activity works fine... I'll leave this post here in case anyone is interested. Take a look at TWINE and use your imagination. It can be used for self assessment without any hassle with gradebooks. It also works well as a planning tool for Lesson activities.

cool

Hi,

I have been introduced to TWINE (http://twinery.org)  [thank you Joyce Seitzinger] and I've been using it to develop a self assessment framework with the intent of building a Moodle lesson from it. The Twine interface is simple and the output makes it easy for SMEs with no experience of Moodle to view and sign-off the content before committing to development.

However, it occurred to me that I could use the TWINE HTML file inside Moodle. My initial attempts have not worked - has anyone used TWINE stories in Moodle - or do you have any ideas how I can add it as an activity. It produces a single HTML file with, I believe, embedded javascript - I have attached a simple example.

Thanks

Maurice

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maurice Moore

Does anyone know of a Moodle Plugin for TWINE?

by Maurice Moore -

I'm using TWINE as a self assessment tool and would like to be able to pass the result to Moodle (actually Totara) 2.5.

The TWINE app produces a single HTML5 file and the source code is open so I imagine it would not be difficult for someone with the required skill to build a simple plugin - and I could probably convince my organisation they should pay for one. 

Is there anyone interested - or aware of a TWINE plugin? I haven't located one in my searches to date.

Maurice

p.s. I have attached a TWINE story file to the tool in action.

It's for self-assessment of experience against a set of prerequisite conditions. I like the clean interface...

In reply to Maurice Moore

Re: Does anyone know of a Moodle Plugin for TWINE?

by Jeannine Darling -

Not sure if this works for you:

• publish your Twine
  • Add the resulting html doc as a file to Moodle
In reply to Jeannine Darling

by Kerstin Steiner -

Sorry, am new to this forum .... 

I have a bit of a problem with getting my Twine story into moodle as well. Would someone might giving me a step by step for dummies as to how to do it?

When I upload the html file into moodle as a webarchive, it just downloads it and I cannot open it on my computer. What am I doing wrong?

In reply to Kerstin Steiner

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kerstin,

Instead of adding to Moodle as a Webarchive, use the File resource instead.

Enter edit mode in your course. Click Add and activity or resource. Scroll down and under RESOURCES select File then click Add. On the Adding a new file page, type in a name and description. In the Select files section, click the Add button. Click Upload a file then click on Browse. Navigate to your Tine file, select it, then click Open, then Upload this file. Back on the Adding a new file page, click on Save and return to course as the defaults for the other settings should be okay. Back in the course, click your new link to test it out.