lesson grades 100% with reattempt

lesson grades 100% with reattempt

di Julie Goodburn -
Numero di risposte: 3

Hi there

THis is what I want:

Students to do lessons, and if they get a page wrong they redo it. I would like them to be able to redo the question and still get a grade for it. At the moment they can redo the question and not get point credit, so therefore they are unable to get 100% for the lesson.  They can redo the lesson from the beginning and get 100% but just not one specific question - so they need to redo all the questions.

They need to get 100% as it leads to them getting a certificate. This is my current settings:

Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Julie Goodburn

Re: lesson grades 100% with reattempt

di Joseph Rézeau -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers Immagine Translators

Hi Julie,

I'm afraid what you want is not possible in the Lesson activity.

Have you considered the Quiz activity instead? The setting Question behaviour: Each attempt builds on the last should do what you need.

Joseph

In riposta a Joseph Rézeau

di Julie Goodburn -

Thank you Joseph,

Lessons work so much better for my purpose , but I see your point, and I could change to quizzes eventually.

Kind Regards

Julie

In riposta a Julie Goodburn

di Julie Goodburn -

Guess what

I got it to behave the way I want! I did this by changing to custom scoring. Although the message says you cannot get a point for reattempting, when you reattempt it actually does update the score, so it is possible to get 100% even if you got a question wrong on the first attempt. 

Thought I would share.

Kind Regards

Julie