lesson grades 100% with reattempt

lesson grades 100% with reattempt

by Julie Goodburn -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there

THis is what I want:

Students to do lessons, and if they get a page wrong they redo it. I would like them to be able to redo the question and still get a grade for it. At the moment they can redo the question and not get point credit, so therefore they are unable to get 100% for the lesson.  They can redo the lesson from the beginning and get 100% but just not one specific question - so they need to redo all the questions.

They need to get 100% as it leads to them getting a certificate. This is my current settings:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julie Goodburn

Re: lesson grades 100% with reattempt

by Joseph Rézeau -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}

Hi Julie,

I'm afraid what you want is not possible in the Lesson activity.

Have you considered the Quiz activity instead? The setting Question behaviour: Each attempt builds on the last should do what you need.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Julie Goodburn -

Thank you Joseph,

Lessons work so much better for my purpose , but I see your point, and I could change to quizzes eventually.

Kind Regards

Julie

In reply to Julie Goodburn

by Julie Goodburn -

Guess what

I got it to behave the way I want! I did this by changing to custom scoring. Although the message says you cannot get a point for reattempting, when you reattempt it actually does update the score, so it is possible to get 100% even if you got a question wrong on the first attempt. 

Thought I would share.

Kind Regards

Julie