Organization v. single participant & Paypal

Organization v. single participant & Paypal

by Will Matthews -
Number of replies: 2

Howdy!

I'm trying to wrap my head around the right approach for my project.

I'm working on a site that needs to allow for an organization to sign-up, or just as an individual participant.

Here we go:

Payal related:

To differentiate between "Organization" and "Participant", I set up two different Paypal Enrolments Is that the right way to go about doing it?

Registration related:

1) I've been unable to figure out how a potential user can 'create a new account'. I can only get a 'Login' section to show. What am I missing?

"Organization" related:

1) I assigned the 'Organization' a role of 'Non-editing teacher'. Would this allow the organization to sign-up their own employees as participants?

2) Is there a way to limit the number of students per organization? Like 'licensing' X amount of students?

Course enrolment related:

1) To signup with paypal, a user account must be created first, correct?

2) Is there anything I'm overlooking in attempting this entire setup?

I think that is it for now... thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Will M.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Matthews

Re: Organization v. single participant & Paypal

by Will Matthews -

Let me see if I can summarize that better.

An organization can register their main account. Under their main account, they have a limited number of employees they can register to take the course.

A 2nd organization registers... same process as above.

Is there a way to make them completely invisible to each other so they can't go beyond the employees that they setup accounts for?

I guess it would be like a multi-user account... first email is primary / master, and then sets up the sub accounts.

In reply to Will Matthews

Re: Organization v. single participant & Paypal

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Will, for the registration problem, have you enabled "Email Based Self Registration" on your site? Generally and by default I think Manual is the only enabled method. This will allow users to create their own accounts. 

As far as an org vs. individual setup, you might consider having the "Org" product be a different course that just includes a survey (to register their users) or a posted enrollment key that they can share with their employees. The "Individual" product would be the course which is accessible via paypal enrollment (for those without the enrollment key, or the enrollment key [no cost]). 

It's not as safe as simply using Paypal enrollment but it would accomplish your general goal I think.