Moodle community sites

Moodle.org redesign coming soon

Ben talking on the phone beside a monitor
Re: Moodle.org redesign feedback
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Oh, mobile! I get that.

But yes, most of us (I don't visit moodle.org from my phone) are using the email links to come to the site, and since we can see the page, we don't get a login prompt.

This is an interesting problem, given that I use multi browsers, and often Google search the site but don't login to moodle.org from the less favored browser. I just browse the Google results for an issue. So, non logins by definition need to have access to the forums (notice I'm not calling them "Using Moodle") without a login getting in the way. Hmm, but to comment, they need to register or login.

One of those pesky popup "Register now" boxes on mobile is wrong. User wants to see the results before registering, and once dismissed, the registration option is hard to find on most sites.

Not sure you need the top right spot, just because of old fogeys like me. But you need top or a left or right tab or something.

PS nice to have Mary following me for a change surprise

I'll go look at this on my Droid and see what I see.

PPS Joseph, I see what you slabbed cool

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Ben

You wrote:
> But yes, most of us (I don't visit moodle.org from my phone) are using the email links to come to the site,

Same here.

> and since we can see the page, we don't get a login prompt.

I have small problem here. The e-mail has a link to the (top of) the thread and another link for reply. If I just want to see the post in context, I need to go round. I would appreciate a link to the post itself.

Ben talking on the phone beside a monitor
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

My emails give me three links

Show parent | Reply

See this post in context

And clicking in context took me directly to your post.

I'm wrong about what happens when I click any of the three links. If I've logged in I go where the link points. If I'm timed out I get a login prompt. Don't know what happens if you're a guest.