Visited Link not working after you log out of the Grade Essays in Lesson Module

Visited Link not working after you log out of the Grade Essays in Lesson Module

av Sali Kaceli -
Antall svar: 9

I am having a problem where when you grade the essays, while in the session, you can identify which ones are graded and which are not because the color changes (of course through the css visited property). However, when you logout even though you do not empty cookies etc. the visited links for the graded essays clears out i.e. goes back to the default (not identifiable what has been graded and what has not). This seems to happen only on the lesson module. The visited links on the main course page and on the side blocks work fine turning to  visited color. 

Any idea anyone on how to correct this. There are a bunch of faculty that have identified this issue and would be nice to fix it.

Using Moodle 2.6.1 LAMP

Using theme Aardvark 2.1. 

This was also posted in the lesson module but was advised to post here. 

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Sali Kaceli

Re: Visited Link not working after you log out of the Grade Essays in Lesson Module

av Rick Jerz -
Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers

I had found a similar problem awhile ago, see Moodle Tracker MDL-37383.

Consider voting for this item, or even adding your own problem to this tracker item (or start a new).

Som svar til Sali Kaceli

Re: Visited Link not working after you log out of the Grade Essays in Lesson Module

av Mary Evans -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers

Hi,

If you can verify this happens in Moodle's Standard theme and not just a plugin theme like Aardvark, then it could be as Rick suggests a Moodle 'BUG', in which case we can fix it (or try to). As it is now, using Aardvark, then we cannot do anything other than ask you to check that the theme has the correct CSS, which is probably what you have already done.

This is what is needed, you can change 'red' and 'blue' for your preferred colours, these are the basics.

a:link {color: red;}

a:visted (color: blue;)

That said, however, I was always under the impression that Visited links are governed by 'cookies', and so if like me your cookies are deleted as soon as the browser closes, then you will lose those visited link colours anyway.

Hope this helps?

Mary

Som svar til Mary Evans

av Ileana Bladé Mendoza -

I have the same problem but WORSE.

Our school has upgraded to Moodle 2.4 and now when I grade essays I CANNOT DISTINGUISH graded from ungraded (from mailed) essays at all. All essays appear in blue.

Is there a fix for this problem ?

I have not changed the theme or imposed any theme. I do not see any option for a "standard" theme.

Thanks

Ileana Bladé

Som svar til Sali Kaceli

av Joseph Rézeau -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators
Som svar til Joseph Rézeau

I did see that discussion before I posted but I am stomped. I don´t see any option to change back to Standard Theme.

Is this where it should be ?

Vedlegg Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 12.54.58.png
Vedlegg Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 12.55.55.png
Som svar til Ileana Bladé Mendoza

av Joseph Rézeau -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators

If you do not have admin rights on your Moodle site you will only be able to change your course's theme to those that your admin put in that list.

And I have no idea what those "UB" themes come from. Ask your admin.

Joseph

Som svar til Joseph Rézeau

Ok, but should I just ask them to re-establish the Standard Theme ? Will that take care of the problem ?

Thanks a bunch

ileana

Ok, they re-established the Standard Theme and now the colors are back. The only problem is the Standard Theme is hideous ....

av Joseph Rézeau -

I personally like the Standard theme and am not too fond of some of the "fancier" themes that exist. But that is a matter of taste, of course.

What is left to you now it to find out what it is in the non-standard theme(s) that you have created and use on your moodle site that causes the problem.

Joseph