admin authentication goes in blank page, rest of students ok

admin authentication goes in blank page, rest of students ok

by Bogdan Iuga -
Number of replies: 4

after a problem with the name server at the hosting company I have the folow problem:

when I'm trying to connect with admin i receive a blank page, if i connect with another user (test or student) everything goes normal.

the problem is that after several admin authentication with blank page after the server (hosting server) is bloking my IP.

did you had this type of error.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bogdan Iuga

Re: admin authentication goes in blank page, rest of students ok

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hello,

as blank pages most often mean some sort of error, to better understand your error you could enable debugging then try to authenticate again as admin and see if some useful message appears: http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Debugging and in your case http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Debugging#What_to_do_if_you_cannot_get_to_the_admin_screens.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Bogdan Iuga -

i tried:  http://apdp-elrn.com/admin/settings.php?section=debugging

if I'm not login with a student, i'm transfered to the login page without any error message

if I login with a student (test) and after I type:  http://apdp-elrn.com/admin/settings.php?section=debugging i receive the follow message:

"

error/admin/sectionerror

Jump to: navigation, search

The error means that a new admin page 'foo' (the one you're developing right now) is not registered with the Admin menu. It is triggered with the call:

admin_externalpage_setup('foo');

The solution is to add a reference to the page in the appropriate file in admin/settings/XXX.php. Something like:

$ADMIN->add("parent_section", new admin_externalpage('foo', "Foo Admin Component", "$CFG->wwwroot/$CFG->admin/foo.php"));

"

Attachment error 21Untitled.jpg
In reply to Bogdan Iuga

by Bogdan Iuga -

after turning debugging on, I get the follow message:

parent does not exist!
  • line 915 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7 of /admin/settings/users.php: call to admin_category->add()
  • line 5922 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 3408 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to admin_get_root()
  • line 3313 of /lib/navigationlib.php: call to settings_navigation->load_administration_settings()
  • line 716 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to settings_navigation->initialise()
  • line 732 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_settingsnav()
  • line 133 of /blocks/settings/block_settings.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 281 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_settings->get_content()
  • line 232 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
  • line 937 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
  • line 989 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
  • line 352 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 3 of /theme/base/layout/frontpage.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
  • line 768 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 715 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1484 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line 98 of /index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 98 of /index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_template::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_template.class.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_template::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 30

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_template.class.php on line 64

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_plugin::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_plugin.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_plugin.class.php on line 51

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_tab::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_tab.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_tab::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 38

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_tab.class.php on line 72

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_mis_plugin::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_mis_plugin.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_mis_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 42

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_mis_plugin.class.php on line 103

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/apdpelrn/public_html/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_graph_plugin.class.php on line 95

In reply to Bogdan Iuga

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

All the strict standards lines as well as the final 'Fatal error" point to an ilp block.  The only one I can find in Moodle plugins is this one:

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_intelligent_learning

which shows compat with 2.5 only.  What's your version of Moodle?

So are you having issues installing it ... hint:

"Declaration of ilp_dashboard_template::install_new_plugins()"

And, the description says:

"enables the exchange of data between Moodle and Ellucian's Colleague Portal"

Got one of those?   I've seen some of those kinda addons attempt to auto-authenticate the user that is logging on so the EC Portal might really be denying user 'admin' - if that's the user you are using.

Can you check permissions on that block or can you login at all as the admin user?   How about if you login with another account that has admin levels?

Also looks like server is on linux ... one might try hiding the ilp folder in blocks by adding a 'dot' in front of it so it's 'hidden' to apache and thus to Moodle.  Obviously, one must rename it from .ilp to ilp to bring it back again.

Other than that ... you might attempt contacting someone at MoodleRooms - download of the plugin says it has been offered by them.

Other than that????

'spriit of sharing', Ken