Moodle Mobile translation to other languages

Re: Moodle Mobile translation to other languages

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I think it's really a good idea to use the local language pack from the site you're connecting to, allowing to have personnalised strings.

But it should be done only for the local changes (not the whole original language pack), keeping downloading the language pack from AMOS (or have in in the app), to be sure to have the latest version (for the case of sites where the language pack has not been updated for a while).

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

originally the idea was that, to have a language pack in your Moodle installation so you can personalize your strings.

Due some changes in Moodle core related to components and language packs we finally decided to include the language packs in the app bundle

But I think that it can not be complicate to detect if you have the local plugin installed and grab the strings from there.

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Michel DENIS -

Juan,

I see that one year has passed since you mentioned "grabing modified strings from Moodle instal" : is it possible these days ?

Thanks,

-michel

In reply to Michel DENIS

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry but we disabled that feature because it was problematic, currently you cannot customize the app strings unless you build your custom app

Regards, Juan