Moodle for mobile

Picture of Juan Leyva
Moodle Mobile translation to other languages
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi,

due to some changes in Moodle 2.5 and 2.6, the feature named "Remote language sync" is not working currently now (it works for a short period of time as far as i Know)

I'm working in adding languages support directly in the app, so when you download the app it will come with some languages packages available

The app will detect your preferences or locale and will display the texts in your device language

If anyone has translated the app yet, please, reply this message attaching  your translation.

If you want to help, you can translate this file:

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile/blob/master/lang/en.json

and also reply this message with your translation

Issue in the tracker: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-489

Also, if anyone has technical suggestions about how to handle RTL languages, it will be appreciated

Regards

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Juan Leyva
Re: Moodle Mobile translation to other languages

Translation to spanish is done smile

Picture of Juan Leyva

Please, if you submit a translation, I need also the name of the translation language in your own language... I mean for Spanish (Español) , italian (Italiano) etc...

Picture of Juan Leyva

Swedish "Svenska" translation received smile

By the way, finally we are going to use AMOS for translating the APP, I will create a new plugin only with the language strings

Karoly Fabricz

Translation into HU is completed.

Best,

Karoly

Picture of Juan Leyva

Hi,

language strings are available in AMOS, please, search for the component "local_moodlemobileapp"

In any case, please, send me a message or post a reply if you contribute with a new language in AMOS

Regards

Picture of German Valero
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

Hi Juan,

Mexican spanish language translation for local_moodlemobileapp now available in AMOS.

I made a few (mostly minor) changes from the international spanish pack you wrote.

Saludos desde México,

Picture of Nicolas Martignoni
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi,

I'm in for the french translation.

Cheers, Nicolas

Picture of Jean-Marc Doucet
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holders

Hi,

french too

si tu a besoin d'un coup de main @Nicolas ...

Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

The french translation is in attachment.

Thanks Jean-Marc for the proposition (but this was fast already completed).

For clarification: this was also uploaded into AMOS.

Cheers, Nicolas

Picture of Juan Leyva

Thank you very much Nicolas, currently languages available are:

English

Spanish

Catalan

Swedish

French

Picture of Juan Leyva

Czech and

Italian

available

Very thanks to translators!

Picture of koen roggemans
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

Dutch is also in AMOS.

By using AMOS, the language file for the mobile app is in the lang folder of every site.  There is now a file local_mobileapp.php. It would be great if the app pulled the language file from there and would use that file. It would in one go make it possible to make site specific language changes to the app. The app would only have to ship with a few strings in every language - just enough to make it possible to add a site and log in with an account. On first login, the file could be pulled in - just dreaming now smile

I wonder why moodlemobilereport@gmail.com is in the language pack. I find it a bit weird that the report email address is configurable, especially by the language pack maintainer.

That said, you might end up getting email with bug reports in quite hard to understand languages smile

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull app! 

C'est moi :-)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi,

I think it's really a good idea to use the local language pack from the site you're connecting to, allowing to have personnalised strings.

But it should be done only for the local changes (not the whole original language pack), keeping downloading the language pack from AMOS (or have in in the app), to be sure to have the latest version (for the case of sites where the language pack has not been updated for a while).

Séverin

Picture of Juan Leyva

Hi,

originally the idea was that, to have a language pack in your Moodle installation so you can personalize your strings.

Due some changes in Moodle core related to components and language packs we finally decided to include the language packs in the app bundle

But I think that it can not be complicate to detect if you have the local plugin installed and grab the strings from there.

Regards

Picture of MARCOS PAULO BRITO DE SOUSA

Translation to brazilian portuguese (portugês-Br) is done and aproved by maintainer: " Language pack maintainer André  Yamin has accepted your contributed translation #8118 pt-br Moodle Mobile translation."
Could you add this translation to next version of Moodle Mobile please?
I am not sure if a did translate all the files needed in order to make the app works fully in portuguese. Could you tell me which files is demanded for so?