reply link can not be seen by students

reply link can not be seen by students

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle 2.5 version. I want to open a forum for my students. I can see everything is working properly for an admin and teacher side but my students can not see the "reply button." I also tried to be as students and yes they are right. Why this problem occurs? what should I do to make the reply link visible for my students? thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: reply link can not be seen by students

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Eda,

It sounds as though you have a news forum, which only teachers and admins can post in, rather than a standard forum. Please see the FAQ 'Why are students unable to post in the forum?' in Forum FAQ.

In reply to Helen Foster

Ynt: Re: reply link can not be seen by students

by eda karacelebi -

thank you. I set the forum type to "standard forum for general use". but this time, the students can add a new discussion topic but they still can not reply the teacher's topic.

In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: Ynt: Re: reply link can not be seen by students

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is it possible that the student role has been changed and the permission to reply to posts, mod/forum:replypost, removed?