Only test export

Only test export

از A. Obeid در
Number of replies: 15

Dear all,

is there a way to export only the questions in a test and not all questions of the category?

Thanks and best regards,

Abe

میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to A. Obeid

Re: Only test export

از Joseph Rézeau در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Plugin developers تصویر Testers تصویر Translators

Which version of moodle are you using?

In reply to A. Obeid

از Tim Hunt در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Documentation writers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Peer reviewers تصویر Plugin developers

I'm afraid that there isn't. I agree it would be a logical feature to add.

The only way to do it at the moment is to move those questions into a separate category.

In reply to Tim Hunt

از A. Obeid در

Ok, thank you.

I have another question:

I want to export a cloze questions with the Dollar sign

for example:{1:MULTICHOICE:= y,y,$3  ~ $3,y,y}
in the XML-File: {1:MULTICHOICE:=y,y,  ~ ,y,y}
The $3 is missing.
moodle thinks it's a PHP variable.
I have replaced them with ascii-code $, that works, but we have many such words. Can I do this export as a string?
In reply to A. Obeid

از Tim Hunt در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Documentation writers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Peer reviewers تصویر Plugin developers

I'm slighly suprised not-one else has hit that bug before. It was actually a bug with using preg_replace, not PHP. Anyway, MDL-43809. There is a fix there. Just needs peer review.

In reply to Tim Hunt

از A. Obeid در

is there a way to copy the questions and not move?

In reply to A. Obeid

از Tim Hunt در

The easiest way is to export the questions as Moodle XML, then re-import them where you want the copy.

In reply to A. Obeid

از Marcus Green در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Plugin developers تصویر Testers

Have you thought of the make copy button in the editing interface and saving under a new name?

In reply to Marcus Green

از A. Obeid در

In the first way, I have to reselect all quiz-questions from the collection and move it to a separate category.

>Have you thought of the make copy button in the editing interface and saving under a new name?

Yes, i do. that only makes a copy of the references. In this case, If I doing some modified on the questions, all of these changes will be applied to the past one.

In reply to A. Obeid

از Marcus Green در
تصویر Core developers تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Plugin developers تصویر Testers

"Yes, i do. that only makes a copy of the references. In this case, If I doing some modified on the questions, all of these changes will be applied to the past one."

Have you checked that, or is that an assumption?

In reply to Marcus Green

از A. Obeid در

of course I have checked it.

In reply to A. Obeid

از Marcus Green در

I frequently make copies of questions to generate slight variations and find this to be very effective. Are you certain you have tried the Make Copy button for this purpose. I have spent a large amount of time working with the question code and if there was any concept of a reference to a question (apart from within a quiz), I think I would have noticed.

A question within a quiz is a reference to an actual question in the database, and if you change that underlying question it will change the question in any quiz where it is used.