How to show a limited number of questions in a quiz

How to show a limited number of questions in a quiz

by Ann S -
Number of replies: 6

Hello All,

Could you please tell me how can we show a 5 random questions only out of 10 questions to the students of a particular quiz.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and regards

Ann

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ann S

Re: How to show a limited number of questions in a quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ann S -

Thank you Tim and Joseph for your reply. But my concern is another one. See the example. I have 10 random questions in a quiz "A". My requirement is to show only 5 questions from quiz "A" out of 10 questions of "A" to students. How this can be done.

Waiting for your kind reply

Thanks and regards

Ann

In reply to Ann S

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ann "I have 10 random questions in a quiz "A". My requirement is to show only 5 questions from quiz "A" out of 10 questions of "A" to students."

What about putting only 5 random questions in your quiz? Would that not answer your question?mixed

Or maybe you do not quite understand how "random questions in a quiz" work?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ann S -

May be Joseph. I am just a beginner to this. The quiz should be contain a large number of questions. All questions should be visible only to the admin. My requirement is, I need to display only a few questions to the students, say 5 questions. Why I am keeping the other unwanted questions is, wither I can reuse it later, or some students have already attempted those. Anybody please let me know, if there is any facility or questions settings in moodle to show only a few questions to student rather than displaying all of the questions.

Thanks and regards

Ann

In reply to Ann S

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ann,

You are obviously mixing up the notions of "question bank" and "quiz". Your "question bank" can contain as many questions as you want. When you create a quiz, you take questions from the question bank and put them in the quiz.

Have you actually read the quiz documentation? Have you actually tried to create a quiz on your moodle site? Or are you just asking these questions prior to reading the docs and trying to use moodle?

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)