Is there a limit on groups?

Is there a limit on groups?

by Ann Morgan -
Number of replies: 2

I am using  Moodle 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130712) and have set a forum to separate groups.  I have 18 students and I want them each in their own private group (one:one forum help) I created the groups and placed the students into their unique group.  However, when I go to the Forum activity and use the drop down to select the group (student) I see only 10 groups .... I don't have access to the others.  Is there a limit to the number of groups an activity can have?  I don't remember this as a problem in earlier versions ... but maybe I didn't have as many groups.

As always, thank you for your help!

Ann

Attachment privateforum.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ann Morgan

Re: Is there a limit on groups?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Interesting! I don't recall it being a problem in earlier versions either (I did it with groups of 32 individuals in 1.9) I will test it out myself when I have time - I am supposed to be making our tea now!

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Is there a limit on groups?

by Ann Morgan -

Solved it ... once I knew you had done it, I investigated more thoroughly and found my error .... I had forgotten to move them into a grouping!  Thanks for the quick reply!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)