glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

by regular john -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I have two-word entries (e.g. ecological footprint) in a course glossary and for these entries the auto-linking function is not working. Is this simply not possible or can I adjust the settings somehow?

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Cheers, regularjohn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to regular john

Re: glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

by Joseph Rézeau -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers Gambar Testers Gambar Translators

In your definition, the "Match whole words only" option must not be ticked.

screenshot #1

screenshot #2

Joseph

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by regular john -

Thank you, Joseph!

I had the checkbox you mention ticked because I wanted to prevent that for example in the word "unsustainability" the latter part is linked to the glossary entry for "sustainability". But I guess I can't have both in this case.

Since it is much more important that two-word entries are auto-linked, I will keep the setting you pointed me to. Thanks again for your help!

In reply to regular john

by Joseph Rézeau -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers Gambar Testers Gambar Translators

I don't follow your reasoning. That "Match whole words only" option applies to each individual glossary entry. So you can perfectly have it unchecked in the "ecological footprint" entry to link to 2 words and have it checked in the "foot" entry to apply to "foot" and not to "footprint".

Joseph

by regular john -

You're right, individually it is possible--and that's how I will handle it. I was referring to a site-wide setting, but I realize the two settings are mutually exclusive.

Thanks for your help again!

by Tim Edsell -

v 2.8.1

I have run into the same issue today when working with the Book resource.  I have tried both settings for "Match whole words only" (checked/unchecked).  Results in both cases displayed as attached.  It's odd that it works fine within the Glossary itself.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Attachment Book auto link.png
Attachment Glossary Definition.png
In reply to Tim Edsell

by John Provasnik -
Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Testers

Tim -- when you change a glossary setting, it isn't always an immediate change for everyone. I'm curious if your problem will self correct after a few hours. I've had to refresh the page about 8 times before my adjusted glossary setting kicked in (cashing issue?).