glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

regular john-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 6

Hello,

I have two-word entries (e.g. ecological footprint) in a course glossary and for these entries the auto-linking function is not working. Is this simply not possible or can I adjust the settings somehow?

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Cheers, regularjohn

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til regular john

Re: glossary two-word entries not auto-linked

Joseph Rézeau-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

In your definition, the "Match whole words only" option must not be ticked.

screenshot #1

screenshot #2

Joseph

I svar til Joseph Rézeau

regular john-mit -

Thank you, Joseph!

I had the checkbox you mention ticked because I wanted to prevent that for example in the word "unsustainability" the latter part is linked to the glossary entry for "sustainability". But I guess I can't have both in this case.

Since it is much more important that two-word entries are auto-linked, I will keep the setting you pointed me to. Thanks again for your help!

I svar til regular john

Joseph Rézeau-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

I don't follow your reasoning. That "Match whole words only" option applies to each individual glossary entry. So you can perfectly have it unchecked in the "ecological footprint" entry to link to 2 words and have it checked in the "foot" entry to apply to "foot" and not to "footprint".

Joseph

I svar til Joseph Rézeau

regular john-mit -

You're right, individually it is possible--and that's how I will handle it. I was referring to a site-wide setting, but I realize the two settings are mutually exclusive.

Thanks for your help again!

I svar til Joseph Rézeau

Tim Edsell-mit -

v 2.8.1

I have run into the same issue today when working with the Book resource.  I have tried both settings for "Match whole words only" (checked/unchecked).  Results in both cases displayed as attached.  It's odd that it works fine within the Glossary itself.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Bilag Book auto link.png
Bilag Glossary Definition.png
I svar til Tim Edsell

John Provasnik-mit -
Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga

Tim -- when you change a glossary setting, it isn't always an immediate change for everyone. I'm curious if your problem will self correct after a few hours. I've had to refresh the page about 8 times before my adjusted glossary setting kicked in (cashing issue?).