Some adjustments

Some adjustments

by antonio temprano -
Number of replies: 3

In the first place, I'd like to know if there is any way in which I can get the "Search" tab as the default one. At the moment, the default tab is "list".

Apart from that, I'd like to know how to change the background color for the "Description" rectangle. I need to highlight it  in some way and I don't know how to do it. I've tried to set a "bgcolor" tag in the html view, but Moodle is not interpreting it.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to antonio temprano

Re: Some adjustments

by Itamar Tzadok -

There is no simple way to the make the Search tab the default tab. Why do you need it to be the default tab?

What's the description rectangle? A screenshot may help understanding the problem. At any rate it is probably solvable by css. You can inspect the dom structure and add a css definition in the css tab, setting the background-color of the designated element.

smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by antonio temprano -

I need the search tab to be the default one because it is more logical, from my point of view. If I have, let's say, 200 items in the database, the list view is kind of useless. Users wanting to find something will have to go directly to the search utility, and I think that it should be already open, so that we could save the users of the database one click (and giving them the opportunity to dismiss the idea of searching).

I have been able to solve the problem with the rectangle with the description, by creating a table with a background color and inserting the description in it.

Thanks for your answer.

In reply to antonio temprano

by Itamar Tzadok -

Well, afaict there's no easy way. With the current behavior of the module the list view displays quick search and expandable advance search at the bottom of the list. You can set the default per page of the list to 10 or some other manageable number of entries. And you can add some quick static links to predefined search filters (by url). hth smile