Importing Questions with images into Moodle

Importing Questions with images into Moodle

by Tony Lennard -
Number of replies: 2

I have been given a series of multiple choice questions to put into Moodle 2.6 - but I'm not sure it is possible. I have attached a couple of examples of problem questions, eg featuring images in the answers.

Can I ask if it is possible to get questions like this into Moodle - either by importing them or otherwise?

Thanks for any info,

Tony

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Lennard

Re: Importing Questions with images into Moodle

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

yes totally, you'll need to use image tags. My recommendation, which will make things a little tidier, would be to host the images on s3 or Flickr and import only the html that calls the images to the questions. 

But even if that's now what you do it's possible. I see some problems with the first question (being A/B for a matrix...but you might consider the "Hotspot" question type to get that done (just instruct students to click to highlight the correct row/column. 

In reply to Tony Lennard

Re: Importing Questions with images into Moodle

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, you can include images in most components of questions in Moodle 2.6, anywhere that the question edit form has a HTML edit field.

However, the various import formats that are available by default have limitations on where you can place images, if they are supported at all.

There are a couple of Word templates for authoring questions that support embedded images:

FYI, I attach a Word file with your sample questions formatted according to my table template.