Students do not get reply option in Q & A forum

Students do not get reply option in Q & A forum

by Katherine Brooks -
Number of replies: 3

With moodle 2.5, I am trying to use the Q & A forum. My students can see the question, but there is no option for them to post a reply. Permissions show that they all have permission to post.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Katherine Brooks

Re: Students do not get reply option in Q & A forum

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Katherine ,

Are you using groups in your forum setting. Please share your forum setting page here.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Katherine Brooks -

I do use groups for the course, but don't necessarily need them for the forum.  I changed to no groups in the forum settings and that took care of it. Thanks! 

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Edgar Garcia -

Greetings, I am also experiencing a similar issue in Moodle 2.6.1, but am not (and have never) used groups.  Both students and teachers are able to post an initial response to the Forum thread they are subscribed to; however, neither can see anyone's response (including their own) and all they see is a blank page where the response should be (no reply button).

I have a separate thread here, Forum NG:CANNOT SEE FORUM POSTS, with screenshots of the Forum settings.  I was hoping to take a peek at Katherine's settings to compare, but I'm hoping you (Sakshi) can take a look. 

Note, although the attached screenshot reflects the forum type, Each person posts one discussion, I am also experiencing the same issue with the other forum types, including Q and A (which is what I would really prefer to use).  Unfortunately the size limitations for attaching files is rather difficult to accommodate the attachments I have to better describe the issue.

Thanks in advance!