my Public network key is showing as incorrect within Moodle :The public key you are holding for this host is different from the public key it is currently publishing. The currently published key is: but there is nothing in the follow box,any suggestions?
Any one help me on this ?
This says what it says ;
the local key of the remote moodle has been changed, renewed, and this has not been
reported on your local Moodle MNET host register.
Editing the mnet host parameters should show you the new key the remote host is using.
Copy paste into the upper input textarea to renew the key binding. The network operations should start again.
HI Valery Fremaux,,
Thanks for your comment. But the issue is it is not displaying any public key. The system hold public key is showing as empty. This is in Moodle case.
Also In networking option in Mahara , the same public key listed is added as peers public key host.
could you clarify ?
who is empty ? who holds what ?
empty key in reception might mean there are some key decoding issue, sometimes due to debug output in the get_public_key() return. This happens.
I noticed also in rare cases issues with certificate endlines, when talking from a Linux system to a windows system... but this seems having disapeared since Moodle 2.
Hi I will explain the scenarion.
I have successfully completed integration with Moodle to Mahara and Moodle users can access and authenticate with remote Mahara instance.
But still I am facing issue with SSO from Mahara to Moodle. While accessing Moodle from Mahara I am getting below error message "Ooops! Your MNET communication has failed! Here's that error message to pass on to your administrator: connect() timed out!ERROR 28: 28:connect() timed out!"
So Moodle documentation says : "The public key you are holding for this host is different from the public key it is currently publishing." then copy the currently published key and paste it in the public key text field above" But the problem is there is no public key in "current public key section". Both of my servers are on linux.
when handling SSO this way, you need to get the key into the Mahara network administration section, and bring it to Moodle's mahara record. Usually this should be done by host bootstrap when adding the host in Moodle MNET hosts....
What can happen is that mahara has your moodle key but not reverse.this should let some mnet calls resolve although usually both key exchange are necessary to process to complete SSO transfers...
Hi Finally I got solved this issue.
While Moodle trying to fetch Mahara's publick key which is getting an empty string. Then check cUrl which was unable to communicate with Mahara server. Putting a host entry to mahara server in Moodle solved this issue.
Thanks for every one
Time must be sync on both servers