Moodle 2.6 preventing a Student from Viewing Assignment Submission

Moodle 2.6 preventing a Student from Viewing Assignment Submission

by Doug Baleshta -
Number of replies: 6

We have a course with 4 lab sections setup as groups.  We would like to prevent students from viewing one of the their assignment submissions until all have been marked to prevent plagiarism and sharing between the sections.  Apparently that other LMS has this feature.  Any ideas?  I've checked the role permissions and assignment settings and have not found anything to prevent this. 
Thanks
Doug

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Baleshta

Re: Moodle 2.6 preventing a Student from Viewing Assignment Submission

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Doug,

Marking workflow is probably what you need. http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Assignment_settings#Use_marking_workflow

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Doug Baleshta -

Thank Al, that helps but what we're looking for is something similar to the quiz settings.  You can see your mark, but you can't view your submission until an appropriate time.  I believe a student can still see their submission even when using workflow?
Doug

by Jon Fila -

Why not just use a Quiz module for the assignment submission?

In reply to Jon Fila

by Doug Baleshta -

Yes, that would be the idea except I don't think you can attach a file to any of the question types?

D.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can  add a "Description" type question and attach your file via the insert link icon.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In addition to attaching via the link icon, the "Description" type will also let you add a picture or media file, or any combination of all three.

In fact, just trying this out gave me the idea of how to do something that comes up in the forums on a regular basis, namely "How can I make sure some one watches or listens to a audio/video presentation."

If you have a video or audio podcast in a Description as the first thing in a quiz, you can have questions right underneath, that they have to answer which could be used as proof they watched and/or listened. You could also set time limits, number of attempts, etc.

The questions could even be set to be drawn randomly from a question bank to help prevent passing around the answers.