General Settings are missing

General Settings are missing

by Angie Le Blanc -
Number of replies: 4

First off, I want to apologize in advance for my inexperience with Moodle and thank you for any help you're able to give me.

I started off this morning, trying to disable spell check on our site.  I learned how to do it, through this...

Site administration > Plugins > Text editors > TinyMCE HTML editor > General settings

So I followed that path, but I have no General Settings.  I even Googled screenshots of that page to make sure I wasn't missing something totally obvious.  I don't have the little arrow by TinyMCE HTML editor that opens the other options.  All I can do is enable or disable TinyMCE HTML editor.

I've searched and searched but can find no instances of someone else having this issue. So I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what I'm missing.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angie Le Blanc

Re: General Settings are missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Don't apologise for your inexperience smile Even experts were inexperienced once!

Can you say what version of Moodle you have? Either go to Site administration>Notifications or scroll down to a page which has the link to Moodle docs and click there - it will tell you in a big number top right.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Angie Le Blanc -

That's kind of you!

I'm on version 2.2.2

In reply to Angie Le Blanc

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK well here is the documentation for 2.2 for the Text editor http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Text_editor It is a very old version of Moodle now and it seems there was no General Settings page then. Can you look here and see if the screenshots and the admin paths match your Moodle?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Angie Le Blanc -

Yes, that's exactly it.  I did see anything on that page though that would let me disable just the spell check.  I know I can disable TinyMCE HTML editor altogether but I did actually want an HTML editor.

We'll be upgrading our Moodle version as soon as I can sweet talk the IT Director into making the necessary server adjustments. wink