How to access assignments once user is unenrolled

How to access assignments once user is unenrolled

by Jane Booth -
Number of replies: 4

As a teacher/administrator, how do I access a past student's assignments that were submitted, after they've completed the course. I want to be able to 'unenrol' them, or similar, so that they don't appear on the current participant list but I still need to be able to go back and access their records. 

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jane Booth

Re: How to access assignments once user is unenrolled

by Damyon Wiese -
The way to do this is to backup the course before the students are unenrolled. You can then restore the backup to a new temporary course in order to see their old work.
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Jane Booth -

That seems very cumbersome. Perhaps this needs to be addressed in new versions of Moodle. I think once a person is unenrolled, their history should be archived automatically. I had assumed I would be able to access it via their User profile..... whoops!

In reply to Jane Booth

by Jane Booth -

Is there a way to export the student's file before unenrolment? Perhaps a way to take all of their activity and assignment submission in one file that can be stored locally?

In reply to Jane Booth

by ben reynolds -

Hi Jane,

After a few years using Moodle, I've come to the conclusion that it's better to outline entirely what you want to do - start to finish -- and then ask how to accomplish it, rather than try to accommodate the software. Moodle is all about trying to meet people's needs rather than people meeting Moodle's needs.

So, tell the forum what you want from start to finish, and folks should be able to tell you how to accomplish that.

Of course, you may get some clarifying questions smile Also, feel free to DM me if you don't know how to phrase something. There's real world speak and Moodle speak. I'm half good at the latter.