Display question Grade during quiz ?

Display question Grade during quiz ?

Napisane przez: riton lajoie ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 15

Hi,

I didn't see this feature in the documentation, nor on the quiz settings page, nor on Google. 

Is there a way to display, during the quiz attempd, the current question grade ? I'm having some quizes that don't have every question with the same grades, because some questions are more important/diffucult than others. I would like the students to have this information during the quiz attemp so that they know exactly which questions are more important than others.

Is there a way to do that out of the box ? If not, would there be some plugin who could do that ?

Thanks !

W odpowiedzi na riton lajoie

Re: Display question Grade during quiz ?

Napisane przez: Marcus Green ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers

I assume you mean either a running total of marks or grade letter achieved according to the current running total of marks. This feature is not currently available and there is no existing plugin to do so. I don't think it would be awesomely hard to implement however.

W odpowiedzi na riton lajoie

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers

Moodle does work like this. There is a grey box next to each question that shows what the maximum possible mark for each question is. http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Using_Quiz#How_students_take_a_quiz

W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Napisane przez: Noortje Engels ()

Dear Tim,

Is it possible to hide just that little grey box? I don't want my students to see the amount of points they can get for each question.

Regards,

Noortje

W odpowiedzi na Noortje Engels

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers

This seems to be an FAQ, so I added it to the list of quiz FAQs: http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Quiz_FAQ#How_can_I_hide_the_number_of_marks_available_for_each_question.3F

Hopefully that makes sense.

W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Can someone tell me if it is possible to give each question the same ammount of points and still apply weighing to each question? Maybe with aggregation methods or something?

I hope someone can help me. 

Napisane przez: Joshua Bragg ()

That's not possible within a quiz.  You could get really creative with separate quizzes and the gradebook but I doubt that's what you're looking for.

What's the reason you want to do this?

W odpowiedzi na Joshua Bragg

I wan't my students to take this quiz. The questions are supposed to give an idea of their organisation, but the questions are not equally important. But I want my students to take the quiz without that information.

Napisane przez: Joshua Bragg ()

Is this really a quiz that's grading their knowledge?  Or is it more like a survey or a personality test?  If the second option is true you might be better off taking a look at the Questionnaire module.  Its a plugin that you can find in the plugin database.

W odpowiedzi na Joshua Bragg

Indeed it is more like a personality test. I tried to use a feedbackform but it's not possible to weigh the questions.

I'll try the questionnaire module, thanks

Napisane przez: Joseph Rézeau ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers Obraz Translators

"The questions are supposed to give an idea of their organisation,"

What does that mean? Please give concrete examples.

Joseph

W odpowiedzi na Joseph Rézeau

Hi Joseph,

I think the example is not conrete because my English isn't that good.

The questions help the teacher to understand the processes in the company, where the students work. Whether a manager is compliant or stern, and more information like that....

Some questions are more important than others but I don't want my students to know that.

I hope the example is more concrete now.

Noortje

W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Napisane przez: Marcus Green ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers
"Moodle does work like this. There is a grey box next to each question that shows what the maximum possible mark for each question is"

Was I correct in there being no running total score, i.e. if I have scored 1 on each of the first five questions of a 10 mark quiz, there is nowhere it shows me the running total of 5/10?