Upload Course choosing "update existing courses only"

Upload Course choosing "update existing courses only"

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 0

I've uploaded courses for years and made uploaded to change course attributes.  But today I tried to change the course full name AND shortname with a csv upload like below.  I tried using the field idnumber which I changed in the moodle course

idnumber,Fullname,Shortname,Category,Summary,Format,Showgrades,Startdate,Numsections,Visible,Theme

No luck.

I got with error 'course not updated. Duplicate course' or no course id
so I tried an adminer mysql query:
SELECT * FROM Mdl_Course WHERE idnumber = 101

in adminer I see id is 103 and idnumber is 101 which is correct. i tried variations of numbers and also just using the id of 103 which I would not know unless I'm in adminer.  no joy.  I have only found 4 references on moodle to the search below with google but 3 of them were mine.

bulk "update existing courses only" site:https://moodle.org

I ended up doing it manually. but it would be nice to change a course name.  I know the shortname is sacred and I could change the fullname but what if my teachers have changed BOTH and I no longer know the name (and don't want to look it up and copy it).  Why can't I assign a course id or even use the id automatically given by moodle. I found something in Moodle Tracker about the idnumber not being unique but I did not quite understand.  

Anyone who can help crack this puzzle would be great!  Thanks JT

Average of ratings: -