Guest accessing by-passing self enrollment method?

Re: Guest accessing by-passing self enrollment method?

by Glenn Sisson -
Number of replies: 1

I have the same issue.

A course allows guest access to 2 presentations but if you want to take the SCORM quiz and get a certificate you need to be logged in.

Logged in users can complete the quiz but because they are not enrolled (or prompted to be enrolled), their scores are not recorded and can't get the certificate due to conditional settings.

I have the quiz hidden for guests and a label describing the requirements (logged in etc) but still would like to see them enrolled if viewing the course and logged in.

Any advise?

In reply to Glenn Sisson

Re: Guest accessing by-passing self enrollment method?

by Nikki Humber -

Hi Sebastian and Glenn (and anyone else),

I have the exact same issue and I'm hoping that in the last two years this issue has been addressed.

To clarify, some of my courses are set to self-enrol only, some are both guest access and self-enrol. Only if a user self-enrols will they be able to get a certificate on completing the SCORM content. However with guest access also allowed for the course, the logged in user is not prompted to self-enrol on the course (whereas if guest access is not enabled for that course then they are).

I have included text instructions on the launch page (prompting the use to click on the Enrol me on this course link) but I'm looking for a better solution. Is there any way for logged in users to be prompted to self-enrol in courses with guest access in the same way that they are prompted for courses without guest access?

FYI - I'm using Moodle 2.6.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Nikki