Issue with SCORM new Window, Clean Theme and Moodle 2.6

Issue with SCORM new Window, Clean Theme and Moodle 2.6

by Han Sheng Ler -
Number of replies: 6

Hi guys,

The new SCORM engine is faster. Kudos. However, I do have some layout issue. I wanna minimize scrolling for the SCORM content.

Firstly, the Header. Are we able to disable Header via the Clean Theme?

Secondly, issue with padding-top which comes out to be 60px when window width is Greater than 1077px.

I notice this uses bootstrapbase styles. Any documentations/guidelines to override using Clean Theme for this popup for SCORM? I wanna remove sides padding to Maximize area as well.

Lastly, if we can display the header info in the Titlebar instead of h2, it will be awesome. We need more real estate!!! ^_^

Attachment abc.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Han Sheng Ler

Re: Issue with SCORM new Window, Clean Theme and Moodle 2.6

by Han Sheng Ler -

Guys,

I've found the fix. Can you kindly check in these code from here:

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/commit/bb12a401ecdd473c1c18353e7706128ff02f1a9c#diff-0

Note that the theme/bootstrapbase/style/moodle.css have to be re-compiled. 

Cheers!!! It works for moodle26_STABLE!!!

by Han Sheng Ler -

one more thing. The player.php is show the Header internally. It really makes user experience bad for scorm since moodle26 as it requires users to scroll.

Go to mod\scorm\player.php

and Add this to line 183 and change

$PAGE->requires->js('/mod/scorm/request.js', true);
$PAGE->requires->js('/lib/cookies.js', true);
echo $OUTPUT->header();
echo $OUTPUT->heading(format_string($scorm->name));

TO:

$PAGE->requires->js('/mod/scorm/request.js', true);
$PAGE->requires->js('/lib/cookies.js', true);
echo $OUTPUT->header();

// Only Show Header if it is not popup!!!
if (!$displaymode=='popup') {
echo $OUTPUT->heading(format_string($scorm->name));
}

by Paul Barker -

Thank you Han Sheng.  No idea why this appeared in 2.6 and I couldn't see a setting to turn it off.

You saved me a lot of trouble!

Paul

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That's really odd, as the commit mentioned - https://github.com/moodle/moodle/commit/bb12a401ecdd473c1c18353e7706128ff02f1a9c#diff-0 - refers to MDL-42184 which has the intent of fixing the problem you are reporting.  But was actually fixed by commit - https://github.com/moodle/moodle/commit/7628ac73f411789b6fdabc422f18af55bd75d108 - so after upgrading to a version of Moodle 2.5 or 2.6 after 21st November 2013 are you saying that it does not work?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Han Sheng Ler -

Hi Gareth,

I'm using

$version  = 2013111800.07;
$release  = '2.6+ (Build: 20131224)';

The commit is to resolve the whitespace header.

The other reply where we modify the scorm/player.php is to remove the Scorm Title if we open the SCORM in a new Popup Window. This is to minimize scrolling for other SCORM package has been created to cater for user to see the whole page. you know, UX experience!!! The SCORM activity Title is way too HUGE.